Bill of Materials?

I may have missed this somewhere, but do we have a list of components needed to build the setup described in @Martin’s latest video?

For example, where can I download @SandrineH’s Sodastream holder? And I’d like to make sure I get all the same other bits and pieces as well so that we’re building the same setups.

OK, here’s a work in progress, I’ll edit this until I think I’ve got it right at which point I’ll delete this paragraph and add a second post to notify anyone watching this thread.

Bill of Materials

CO2 sparging

Electrolysis

• 4 port + 2 M4 threads vial cap - @RobJ would you be willing to publish your design?
  • 2x Stainless Steel 70mm M4 bolts: Amazon.co.uk
  • 2x Stainless Steel M4 Locking Nuts (I got mine in a set: Amazon.co.uk)
  • 2x Ring Crimp Terminals: Amazon.co.uk [5]
  • 1 strip cut from a [Platinized Titanium Anode]

Reagents

Future requirements (not used in the above video)

To allow continuous operation (chemostat/turbidostat) once the culture is established:

To monitor colour (absolutely optional, possibly not even useful, watch this space)

Other extras

• Spare 20ml glass vials: [invalid URL removed]

Tools

1. I used a Raspberry Pi 4: Raspberry Pi 4 Model B - 8GB RAM but only because my studio setup requires ethernet rather than WiFi ↩︎

2. Actually mine was modified by @CamDavidsonPilon to fit the Ethernet cable (Cam, is that mod available online? Answer: yes here: Printables) ↩︎

3. Could be improved, I got this as it is also a 90° bend, but mine is uncomfortably stiff to adjust ↩︎

4. Would we be better off with a pinch valve? Can we produce an open source pinch valve based on a widely available solenoid? If so, could a 5v solenoid suffice? That would mean we don’t need a second power adapter ↩︎

5. I don’t think I’d recommend the crimp terminal set I bought ↩︎

Quick check to see if footnotes work^1.

---

^1 Use the format `^1` to denote footnotes , and `---` for the line above the footnotes.

@“Martin”#p148 Yes! We just added an ethernet cut out version here: Printables

@“CamDavidsonPilon”#p155 Thanks Cam

@RobJ and I are both happy with sharing the designs publicly

@“SandrineH”#p157 Thanks Sandrine, would you like me to open an AMYBO account on Printables and upload them there, or would you rather upload them to your own accounts?

@Martin @SandrineH Any consensus on who will publish the 3D printed parts?

@gerrit, @RobJ said he had spoken with @SandrineH and I could. But he also said he’d comment on his licensing thread, so I thought it sensible to wait for that.

It seems that while the^1 footnotes work brilliantly in Flarum, Discourse has a different way.

The inline version that I used above is done by typing ^[and your note]. Given our display footnotes inline admin setting it only appears as footnotes in the preview but instead adds clickable icons [1] which look completely different in the actual post. I’m adding a screenshot in case it looks different in different browsers:

There’s also the option to add them [2] by adding [^1] in the text and [^1]: and your note at the bottom, but the end product looks exactly the same.

At the time of writing display footnotes inline admin setting is clearly inline, which they say is “both Quote and mobile-friendly” so I’m quite happy with it - even though it looks less scholarly. Someone clever should probably move @gerrit 's original footnotes post and this reply out to the introspection section.

1. like this ↩︎

2. like this ↩︎

Dovetail Sodastream cylinder holder and 4 port + 2 M4 threads vial cap are now on Printables.

1 Like